.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Our Wedding Blog

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Too Much to Do and No Time to Do it

Since school starts again in two weeks, we are trying to squeeze looking at house and booking the rest of of the wedding within these next two weeks. So far we are failing miserably. There are to many options, and just not enough time! I'll be happy if we could at least figure out which people we want to book and then book them during the semester.

First, as far as house go (and since I see a lot of people do not want to talk about real estate, looking at last weeks posts, I will keep it short). We have probably looked at over 10 houses since January 2. I hate realtors, is really the only conclusion I have drawn. Also, we started looking into apartments as well. Apartments are a little easier to manage then a house, and while we like the idea of owning something, we want to explore every option.

Second, those stuipd invitations keep haunting me! We finally got all four samples in the mail and we didn't like the way any of them looked close up. I really did like the "drawn to each other" one except that close up it looks like a 4 year old drew it on construction paper. So we ordered these two invitations from a more expensive company plus the "drawn to each other" one from the same company. We are hoping that with more expensive paper maybe it will look better. If we don't like any of these, we have one other option that we could go with, but I will let you know about that after I talk to the option.



2 Comments:

  • I know how you feel. I am NOT ready for a semester of working 20hrs/wk and taking 3 ridiculously hard classes. There is still so much I want to do!!! "Break" is going so fast, there aren't enough hours in the day.

    How on earth are you thinking about a wedding AND a house at the same time? You are certainly ambitious! Just don't drive yourself crazy. You *should* be enjoying this process, don't forget that! And you don't want to be making rushed decisions on purchasing a house while all of this is going on. I have a feeling lots of your friends don't even care what the invitations look like... just make sure that you two have fun!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Jan 11, 08:36:00 AM 2006  

  • First off, I have a question: Am I the other option?

    Second, I LOVE to look at house & I love to plan parties. And even more than that, I love to shop with someone else's money!! It's looking like I'll be there for a whole month in March. Tiffany says she has off for a week. Give us a list & let us go buy your house & book various things for you. He he he!!

    Ok. Now that I've gotten that out of my system, I can be serious. (At least for a few minutes.)

    When Matt & I got married, I oversaw all of the things pertaining to the wedding & he oversaw everything pertaining to our house hunting. That made the whole process a little easier. He obviously had input in the wedding & I had input in the house, but one person can't do both. Either with houses or apartments one of you should be the contact person for the real estate people & the other the contact person for the wedding people. That will make life a lot easier.

    That said, it is looking like I will be spending the month of March sitting around PA, waiting for people to hand me my baby, since I won't be able to lift her up. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't somewhat depressed about being away from my home & my husband for an entire month (two weeks, I could take, and entire month & I'm going to go nuts), so I'll ask this as a favor to me: Please give me a purpose. Aside from being away from Matt, being away from home means I won't be near my computer. Not being near my computer will be pure torture for me. No high-speed Internet. No playing with my digital pictures (where would I upload them?). Not being able to upload them means I will have to take fewer digital pictures (I think I'd have to limit myself to about 1,000 or so for the month between the four memory cards). Give me a job! Give me something to do! Let me feel like I'm more than just a couch potato! I could interview photographers. I could talk to florists. I could put together nice spreadsheets for you (you have Excel?) on the different people I interviewed. I can be helpful! Really, I can! And being helpful will actually make me very happy. What do you say? Otherwise I won't know what to do with myself for an entire month.

    By Blogger Robin, at Thu Jan 12, 03:58:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home