.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Our Wedding Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The DJ, Pre-Cana, a House, and Center Pieces

Well, school started today, (well for Ryan it did, I get a reprieve till Thursday). On Sunday my parents and I looked at three house Ryan and I looked at previously. From those three we narrowed it down to 1. Ryan's parents are going to look at it this coming Sunday and if they like it we will then be calling Eric Price (he's a home inspector, not because we just randomly picked Eric to look at the house before we buy it!) If he thinks it's good, then we will put our bid in probably by the end of the month. If you are curious, you can go to Century 21's web site or you can go to the Mt Pocono site and type in the MLS#- 05-8363. Take the virtual tour! Here is a picture of the outside.


Also, we contacted a DJ that Jack knows. He was a lot cheaper then the Pros, so we thought we should hear what he has to say. He seemed very nice but the only thing that concerns me about him is that he has nothing coming up that we can hear him and see how he performs. I'm not comfortable with that and since I really don't want to be worry about whether or not he owns only 8 tracks from now until the day we get married, we told him no. Ryan then called the Pros and we set up an appointment with them for February and they also do expos which we are invited to for February or March.

Finally, we book the Pre-Cana class for June 4th, 11th, and 25th. We were going to do it for April, but everyone knows Pocono weather in April, one minute snow the next it's 80 degrees! May was so close to finals and giving up three Sundays would have been a lot for both of us. So, we figured by doing it in June we could give it the full attention we need to.

Now since Robin needs something to do in March while she's here I thought she might like to look for our florist and our center pieces (and maybe think of an environmental friendly think to throw outside of the church!) Here are pictures ofthe ones we're interested in for the center pieces.

2 Comments:

  • Thank you, when we start planning the religious parts I will be getting back to you!! My sister gave me a big binder with a lot of information in it, but it would be nice to have someone condense the information for us.

    By Blogger Ryan and Amanda, at Tue Jan 24, 01:58:00 PM 2006  

  • Hey you two!! First of all, I know it's a little bit late but I don't think I formally got to congratulate you on your engagement, so CONGRATULATIONS!!! Second of all, the house is SIMPLY ADORABLE!! I really hope the bid goes your way. And, last but not least, I really like the centerpiece with the stones on the bottom. I think it reflects you both and represents elements of the earth, which is quite befitting if you two get that quaint little cottage in the woods :).
    Hugs to you both!!
    Love,
    Laura

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Feb 01, 08:20:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home